Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend wrap up





So, Thursday was a big night for "Welcome Week". Tons of different programs had just been getting started, and we went to a club called "Sutton". This place was very classy, and extremely fun. There was tons of house music, great amounts of Spanish kids, and a cool dance show. Overall, it was a great time. Then Friday was class, and I also came down with a cold. Therefore, I decided to stay in and try to take it easy. Then Saturday rolled around and my guy friends all had a day trip. So, I met some girls I know from a different program and walked La Rambla: (a giant street running through the center of the city with tons of touristic attractions ranging from great food, to quaint shopping, and an abundance of culturally diverse people- one of the most famous attractions in the world!)and also the Med. Boardwalk. This was so awesome and very pretty. To imagine walking the Mediterranean boardwalk and to actually do it are two completley different things, the experience is simply priceless. Overall, it turned out to be an amazing weekend. Sunday I also went down to the beach once again and tried to take everything in. You can never get enough of sitting on the Mediterranean sand and looking into the water, no matter what month it is. Throughout the weekend I explored my neighborhood and discovered tons of local markets, restaurants, and the port/board-walk. I had a great time finding new places to hangout, eat, and get drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment