Monday, January 5, 2009

Estoy en Mi Residencia!




Hola todos!! Me gustaria Espanol. I love this language. Anyhow, it is Monday night here and I have finally made it to my dorm. I live at Residencia Del Mar - this dorm was opened in 2002. It is extremely saught after by students because it is a 5 minute walk to the Mediterranean boardwalk.

Furthermore, I am exhausted, overwhelmed, but finally on my own and through most of orientation. Barcelona is beautiful, restless, and has unbelievable shopping and people- not too sure about la comida yet. Overall, I am extremely tired, constantly nervous ( love you momma, shut up cabela), but definitely intrigued. I've gotten lost every time I have walked somewhere alone and had a minor panic attack each time. Beyond the scary stuff, the good news is I am now looking forward to acclimating. I have a " guardian angel" named Marta who is so cute and helpful. She is a 19 year old student at my host university, UPF, and I have grown close with her already. UPF stands for Universitat Pompeu Fabra, named after a famous Catalan grammarian. The University was founded in 1990 and has differnt campuses throughout the city. Degrees offered range from Journalism, to Law, to Labor Economics.

My program is entirely Spanish and I am actually enjoying it. Wednesday class starts and such. Basically, I am scrambling as of now and need to shower and pass out. I look forward to the nerves clearing and the European ways to take me in. I love and miss all of you more than I ever thought and I will provide you with information that you want when we talk next. This is all for now and pictures will come soon hopefully.

Adios mis amores.

(Hey Hil Hil)

3 comments:

  1. yea barcelona blake, you certainly into showering..any comments on the water pressure & bathroom..??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blake

    It sounds like you are enjoying Barcelone more
    and more every minute!! It's great hearing about
    your experiences. Keep it coming! Enjoy

    ReplyDelete