Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Barcelona, WI???

Today was awful. It was freezing and raining all day. Despite the weather, we had more busy work and orientation stuff. But, something very special was occurring today and I had no idea. The city was merely "Asleep" because it was a giant holiday: "Dia de los Tres Reyes". On this day,(the last day of the Christmas season) the Spaniards celebrate the Feast of the Epiphany or Three Kings Day, hence the name. Therefore, on this holiday, kids of Spain receive presents from their families, similarly to Christmas. and like I said, on this day the city literally shuts down due to its large importance. With that said, everything in the city was closed, but the 2 prior nights the streets were flooded with people shopping for the holiday. Overall, it was very cool to be out on the city streets during such a unique time of the year.
Also, I had some solid Chinese food for lunch and a gyro (mucho mejor de Apollo Cafe!) for dinner. Tomorrow my first class starts, which is a 3-week 5 day per week 3 hour per day Spanish intensive lang course. Classes then pick up after that ends with my 4 others. Sorry for rambling but I blog when I am tired and you should be happy to hear some details. On that note, I desperately need a shower and bed, adios y tienen una buena noche.

1 comment:

  1. Still love reading your blog! Details of each day are great to hear! Love you, talk to you soon.

    - Mom

    ReplyDelete