Thursday, February 12, 2009

Madrid

** Blake and Benett at Parque Buen Retiro, Amazing!!!


This past weekend I met my good friend from home, Benett, in the capital of Espana, Madrid. This weekend was amazing. Granted the journey getting to and from Madrid were not too fun because of the numerous trains and planes, everything in between the flights was spectacular. We did everything one can do. Toured all the sights, ate great food, explored the fantastic night life, and simply enjoyed exploring a new city. As much as I loved Madrid, I am very happy I live in Barcelona. Barcelona, I think, has more character, culture, and simply a better feel, but Madrid is an amazing place as well. The experience of traveling within Spain is extremely rewarding because noticing the the differrent dialects, accents, and demograhpics is very intriguing. Overall, its hard to put an amazing weekend like Madrid into words, but it was one of the best times I have ever experienced and priceless memories were created this past weekend.


This weekend (Feb 13-15) I am going to Sevilla, Spain with my program, and I am greatly anticipating this as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment